Respect for both yourself as well as others is just a key characteristic of healthy relationships. On the other hand, in unhealthy relationships, one partner attempts to exert control and energy within the other actually, intimately, and/or emotionally.
Healthier relationships share specific traits that teenagers should always be taught to anticipate. They consist of:
- Shared respect. Respect implies that every person values who one other is and knows one other person’s boundaries.
- Trust. Lovers should put rely upon one another and provide one another the good thing about the question.
- Honesty. Honesty develops trust and strengthens the connection.
- Compromise. In a relationship relationship, each partner will not constantly get their way. Each should acknowledge various points of view and become ready to provide and just simply simply take.
- Individuality. Neither partner must have to compromise whom she or he is, and his/her identity ought not to be according to a partner’s.